Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
If multiple authors have written the submission, it was ensured that all parties consented to the work's possible publication through MUJLP
- If the submission is dervied from course work material/assignments I have indicated in the Comments section the course in question.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the style guide of MUJLP.
- The submission adheres to the academic integrity standards as set out by McMaster University (found here).
- My submission is devoid of any identifying information including my name, school affliation, student number, etc.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or WordPerfect document file format.
- I, the author understand that submission to the McMaster Undergraduate Journal of Law & Politics does not grant the submission automatic selection for publication. Publication is only a result of the sucessful completion of all the review and editorial processes as set out by the Editor-in-Chief here.
MUJLP publishes online and is available free of charge. The McMaster Undergraduate Journal of Law & Politics strongly believes that its content should be fully open and accessible to all students, and interested individuals within the fields. In addition, due to the fact that this journal publishes works authored by undergraduate students, who may otherwise not find a publishing avenue, we believe that the author should have full copyright but must acknowledge MUJLP as the first publisher.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Further, during the entire review and editorial processes only the President (through the submission portal) will have acesss to author names, and emails to ensure proper contact with authors is maintained.