Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or PDF document file format.
- The submission includes a title page where my name is listed (along with the names of any co-authors). My name (and any other identifying details) are not included in subsequent pages.
- The submission includes a 150-200 word abstract on the page following the title page.
- The text is double-spaced; uses Times New Roman 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); follows one citation style consistently; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- If this article is the result of research done with a faculty member, I have spoken with my faculty advisor and received permission from him or her to publish in Compass before submitting this article.